The Shrewsbury Sno-Birds started on the fateful evening of March 31, 1971, when three Shrewsbury residents got a group of other interested folks together to talk. Everyone sitting together in the Cuttingsville Firehouse that day agreed it was time to formalize a group, and they spent that summer discussing and deciding upon bylaws. On October 21 of that year, they proudly filed their bylaws with the State of Vermont, and the Sno-Birds were official, complete with officers: Louis Carrara as President, Mike Carrara as Vice President, and Patricia Michaud as Secretary-Treasurer. The Sno-Birds were created with these goals in mind:
- To promote and encourage better relationships between Snowbilers and land-owners.
- To promote and encourage the preservation and protection of our natural environment.
- To educate Snowbilers, young and old, in safe and proper Snowmobile practices.
- To develop snowmobile facilities and provide information regarding such facilities.
- To represent snowmobilers and landowners in matters concerning their common interest.