TRAILS IN VERMONT OPEN ON DECEMBER 16 (IF THERE IS ENOUGH SNOW) AND CLOSE EACH YEAR ON APRIL 15.
2016 - 2017 SEASON TRAIL PASSES (TMAs) ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE THROUGH CLUBS AND DEALERS. AS WELL SOME ARE NOW OFFERED BY VAST ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE (Regular Season and 3-Day)
To find a club where you ride, or want to ride CLICK HERE
Your snowmobile must have a current DMV registration before you can purchase your TMA and you need insurance to ride. You can register through the Vermont DMV here.
See the link below this text to open an informational sheet regarding what is needed to ride in Vermont and a description of the TMA pricing this year. This is double sided and can be used as a hand-out for potential members.
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE CLUB AND COUNTY DUES, or online fees and dues!
EARLY BIRD TMAs - Reduced pricing ONLY UNTIL December 15, 2016
- REGISTERED IN VERMONT - $100.00
- REGISTERED IN VERMONT - FAMILY - $84.00
(Must purchase two TMAs at the regular price before you qualify for the reduced family rate.
All sleds must be registered to the person at the same legal address in order to qualify).
- REGISTERED OUT-OF-STATE - $130.00
- REGISTERED OUT-OF-STATE - FAMILY- $107.00
(Must purchase two TMAs at the regular price before you qualify for the reduced family rate. All sleds must be registered to the same person at the same legal address in order to qualify).
- FAMILY TMA'S ARE NOT AVAILABLE AFTER DECEMBER 15, 2015.
REGULAR SEASON TMAS (Not available until after December 15th, 2016)
- REGISTERED IN VERMONT - $140.00
- REGISTERED OUT-OF-STATE - $180.00
ANTIQUE AND ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY TMAS MUST BE PURCHASED THROUGH THE VAST OFFICE.
VINTAGE TMA (New in 2017 and sold beginning on Jan 15th of each year and good for one full year) Only sold at the VAST Office.
With this new category a Vintage Snowmobile (defined below) will be allowed to ride the VAST trails. We guess that for the most part this will happen to drive short distances in to town to show off the sled or to an event.
A temporary committee was formed to look into the idea and out of that we are announcing this new TMA type. These TMAs will only be sold at the VAST office. There are no club dues associated with these snowmobiles, but a required $5 club donation from each sled with a Vintage TMA will be sent to the clubs at the end of the season..
Here is how it will work:
- Sled/s must be 35 years old or older at the current year. So since it is 2017 this year a sled made in 1982 or before would qualify.
- Sled/s must meet all Vermont laws: Title 23, Chapter 29.
- Owner must the same and have the same address (for multiple sleds)
- Vintage TMAs will only be sold at the VAST office each year beginning on Jan 15th, or the first business day after that if the 15th is on a weekend.
- The Vintage TMA will be good for one full year, but can only be ridden during open snowmobile season.
- There will not be a sticker, so each sled must carry a copy of the TMA form to be legal.
- Sled/s must be registered in a state or province as a regular snowmobile (not antique)
- Sled/s must carry liability insurance.
- To TMA a vintage sled here is the cost breakdown: First sled costs $55 and each one after $20 up to five sleds total. If you wish to Vintage TMA more than five sleds, you repeat the process. So the sixth sled would be $55 and the following would be $20 each up to a total of ten sleds, and again the process would repeat itself.
- At the time of purchasing a Vintage TMA you must provide VAST with proof of registration and liability insurance as way as pay for the TMAs.
Contact: Cyndy Jones
(802) 229.0005 ext. 10